- About Janelle
- Our Clients
- Executive Coach
- Work Advice Audio Show
- Janelle's Video Demos
- Contact Us
"I liked the opportunity to practice the communication skills and see them in action."
Board Director, Emergency Nurses Association
- Speak Their Language by Flexing Your Communication Style
- Collaborative Communications
- Bridging the Differences: Making the Most of Diverse Communications
- Speak Your Customer's Language
- Listening Between the Lines
Speak Their Language by Flexing Your Communication Style
You think you are being perfectly clear and you know what you are offering them is what they need, but they are just not buying into it. What is wrong with them? Often it's not them, it's how you've communicated to them. Conflict and miscommunications often arise due to different communication styles. In this program, you will:
- Take a self-analysis Communications Style Profile in order to identify your current, dominant style.
- Learn the strengths and weaknesses of each Communication Style.
- Learn how to flex your style, according to the needs of each person
Interactive exercises are used to help you practice the application of the other Communication Styles. After mastering these skills, you will be able to "speak the language" of each staff member, customer and manager, adjusting your own Communication Style to ensure clear and accurate communications with each person.
Seeking to understand others is vital in successful collaboration. However, we must go one step further: we need to truly understand where they "are coming from." Real understanding happens when the psychology of communications is learned and applied.
In this program you will first learn how to analyze your style of collaborative communications. Then, you'll learn how other people view the world differently and how to see the world through their eyes.
But simply understanding is not enough. We need to learn to communicate in ways that other people will understand, almost like speaking another language. You will learn specific ways to communicate differently in order to promote open, collaborative communications.
Bridging the Differences: Making the Most of Diverse Communication Styles
We are each different. That's a fact. And we still need to work well together and communicate clearly. But how do we create real understanding when we each communicate so differently? Whether it's where we grew up, our cultural background or how we've adapted to the world, we need to learn to communicate your message in a way that the other person will really understand it based on their background and how they've been trained to think.
Speak Your Customer's Language: Clear Client Communications
Want to have your customer really "get" your sales case? Then focus more on how you deliver the message by speaking your customer's language. Stalling, lack of buy-in or decision making often arise due to customer's having different ways of communicating. They hear a different message from what you intended. Learn how to communicate in your customer's language.
"I was amazed at how much my listening accuracy increased with just a half-day program."
Manager, Spiegel, Inc.
Listening Between the Lines
The average person listens at no more than 25% accuracy. Most participants experience at least a 50% increase in their listening accuracy by the end of the program. In this interactive and enjoyable workshop, you will:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in your own listening skills.
- Identify and learn how to overcome listening barriers.
- Understand what others are really saying, and thus understand the other person's real need.
- Increase your ability to be an active participant in the communication, even when you are not doing the talking.