- About Janelle
- Our Clients
- Executive Coach
- Work Advice Audio Show
- Janelle's Video Demos
- Contact Us
Executive Coach Profile Janelle Brittain, MBA, CSP
"I highly recommend Janelle. She provided excellent guidance for me when I was at a "cross road" with my short and long term business strategies."
Kathy Cole, DK Cole
Explore (Click here)
Coaching Areas of Expertise
Janelle Brittain's record of success in coaching executives is wide ranging. She has the ability to assess an executive and develop them in many ways. Here are some of her areas of expertise:
- Guide executives to think more strategically amidst daily tactical challenges
- Help leaders understand how to manage the internal politics
- Coach managers in how to be better leaders of people and the company
- Guide executives through the first 100 days of a new position to advance their effectiveness
- Improve Presentation Skills for managers
- Teach managers how to listen to and communicate better with their staff, peers and managers
- Develop the leadership qualities which are most appropriate for the stage of the company's growth
- Strengthen executives' ability to manage the performance of direct reports
- Create an understanding of how to motivate people (even when morale is low)
- Develop skills in handling challenging people and situations
- Show executives how to develop the talent of their employees
- Increase productivity in executives who are pulled in many directions
- Guide an executive in making wise career choices
- Show how to actively lead a meeting to achieve specific goals and results
- Help to channel an executive's frustrations and anger into constructive action
- Guide executives to become more effective leaders by claiming their own power and increasing their assertiveness.
- Coach on changing sexual harassment behaviors.
- Instruct executives how to manage "up" more effectively
- Coach executives how to work well with their boards and how to be effective on boards
- Coach managers how to communicate and present themselves as leaders
- Train executives to communicate with more diplomacy and handle the necessary politics
- Coach executives in delivering presentations more effectively
- Advise the executive and leadership team how to grow the company.
- Guide executives to create the workplace culture they desire
- Prepare business owners and their leadership team for the sale of the company and the exit of the owner.
- Train executives how to develop their team into leaders, and build in succession planning
- Create a stronger, more collaborative Leadership Team and culture.
Janelle has created and uses a variety of assessment tools which she may use in the executive coaching, depending on the need. A few are:
- Communications Style Profile
- Change Style Profile
- Mental Flexibility
- Corporate Culture Analysis Profile
- 360 Degree Multi-Factor Leadership (not created by Janelle)
Coach On Call
Because executives and managers need to have someone they can call when they have any employee or management issue, DPI and Janelle Brittain, offer "Coach On Call." This is a service delivered either in person or over the phone - either by appointment or spontaneously when needed. If there is a pressing issue, we want to be able to be there for you. Janelle will seek to respond as quickly as possible.
Executives describe Janelle's style as supportive and yet challenging. She not only provides honest and insightful feedback, but shows specific, practical steps to take to increase their skills and effectiveness, as well as change behavior. Her executive coaching approach is an effective blend of self-discovery and diplomatic directness, which varies depending on the needs of the executive. Janelle has the ability to 'walk in the shoes' of each executive bringing practical insights into what it takes for each individual to make the necessary changes for growth.
Janelle Brittain has coached 100's of executives from around the globe - at small, medium and large companies - through many types of challenges, including new leadership responsibilities, mergers/acquisitions, and proactive growth management. Some of her clients include CNA Insurance, Union League, McEvoy & Associates, Compaq/Hewlett Packard and Chicago Mercantile Exchange. By coaching the entire senior teams of companies, she has been able to guide their turnarounds.
Academics & Credentials
- Executive MBA
- Certified Speaking Professional (Highest earned designation of the National Speakers Association, achieved by only 650 people worldwide)
- Communications Management Certifications from both the East-West Communications Institute & Chinese Center for International Training
- Communications, Education & Research, Graduate Program, University of Chicago
- 9 years in healthcare management, social work, communications and education
- 9 years in sales for Xerox and Control Data (top performer in both companies)
- 20 years as a consultant, executive coach, speaker, trainer & facilitator with own company, Dynamic Performance Institute, LLC, with more than 300 clients in US and 6 other countries
- Created new major division, Dynamic Solutions Group, within DPI by adding 24 consultants
- For her strategies in founding DSG, she received the New Venture Award from the National Association of Women Business Owners.
- Author of 6 published books, including her two latest:
"Star Team Dynamics: 12 Lessons Learned from Experienced Team Builders,"
Janelle Brittain, Oakhill Press
"How to Say It ®: Performance Reviews: Phrases and Strategies for Effortless, Powerful, Pain-free Reviews,"
Meryl Runion and Janelle Brittain, Prentice-Hall, Penguin Books
Janelle is frequently quoted in business publications such as Wall Street Journal, Investors Business Daily, Chicago Tribune, LA Times and Crain's Chicago Business. She also has an on-line radio show, Dynamic Performance Business Coach which offers work and business advice.
"Your analysis of my current leadership challenge provided me with useful suggestions and ideas that fit my leadership style. Your insights regarding my direct reports have already proved to be very helpful. I have tried out your "tips" this week with much success."
CNA Insurance Executive